Periodontal Disease Treatment in
Buffalo New York
Buffalo, New York Periodontal Disease Treatment
At Stellar Dental Care, we strive to ensure that every patient we see achieves a lifetime of dental health. If you have periodontal disease, we can help treat it. Our experienced and knowledgeable team helps treat mild to moderate cases with high-quality care.
Looking for gum disease treatment in Buffalo, New York? Stellar Dental Care is here to help.
What Is Periodontal Disease and How Is It Identified?
Periodontal disease is an infection of the tissues that hold your teeth together. Some common symptoms of this disease include:
- Bad breath
- Swollen and bleeding gums
- Pain when chewing
- Loose and sensitive teeth
- Receding gums
Periodontal disease typically starts with the formation of plaque caused by food and bacteria in your mouth. When this plaque mixes with the saliva in your mouth, it hardens to tarter. Tarter contains bacteria and will irritate your gums and release poisonous toxins causing infections.
At Stellar Dental Care, we will examine you and identify any concerns for mild or moderate cases. The maintenance varies depending on the severity of your case. We treat cases with pocket sizes of 4mm and under. If a case becomes too severe and has constant 7mm pockets, we will refer you to more specialized professionals.
Our Buffalo, NY Periodontitis Treatment
When it comes to effective periodontal disease treatment in Buffalo, New York, specifically targeting mild to moderate cases, successful outcomes are a common result. Gain a comprehensive understanding of our specialized approach to treating mild to moderate cases, and equip yourself with crucial insights if your condition escalates to a more severe stage.
A widely recognized method of comprehensive periodontal disease treatment is the meticulous execution of scaling and root planning. This meticulously designed process encompasses the following key elements:
- Thorough elimination of deposits from both the crown and root surfaces of your teeth.
- Implantation of scaling and root planning procedures to meticulously eradicate as much plaque and tartar buildup as possible while simultaneously obliterating harmful bacteria.
- The frequency of required visits is tailored to the unique severity of your individual case.
- The deep cleaning protocol can be skillfully administered through manual techniques, ultrasonic instruments, or a skillful combination of both methodologies.
Furthermore, another notable avenue in our approach to periodontitis treatment involves mild to moderate periodontal maintenance. Noteworthy highlights about this maintenance regimen encompass:
- Genuine and diligent maintenance follows a foundation established by scaling and root planning.
- Maintenance strategies are strategically devised to target the precise removal of impaired tissue within sulcular regions, addressing both attached and non-attached plaque areas.
- Typically, patients undergo scheduled maintenance appointments every three months, with frequency subject to professional dentist recommendations.
- Through conscientious periodontal maintenance, you actively engage in a dynamic effort to effectively control the progression of the disease.
Undoubtedly, bypassing proper periodontal disease treatment poses significant risks to your overall dental health. It is essential to recognize that mild to moderate periodontal maintenance, combined with scaling and root planning procedures, are readily accessible at the esteemed Stellar Dental Care.
In instances where the severity of your condition requires more intensive intervention, rest assured that our commitment to your well-being extends to seamless referrals to dedicated periodontists, ensuring you receive the specialized care you need.
Embrace the proactive path toward maintaining healthier gums and revitalizing your smile with the unparalleled expertise of periodontal disease treatment in Buffalo, New York, available at Stellar Dental Care. Contact us today to embark on your journey toward optimal oral health.
Who Is at Risk for Periodontitis?
There are various factors that affect your gum health, including:
- Age – As you age, the risk of periodontitis increases.
- Smoking/tobacco use – Tobacco users are at an increased risk for periodontal disease. It is one of the most significant factors in the progression of this disease.
- Genetics – Despite your oral habits, some individuals are more susceptible than others to gum disease.
- Poor nutrition – When your immune system is compromised due to poor nutrition habits, your ability to fight off infection is less likely. Because this disease starts with infection, lack of quality nutrition could worsen the condition.
It is important to note that there are insurance differences when it comes to regular cleanings and periodontitis treatments. Most dental coverage comes in categories which determine the cost: preventative, basic, and major.
- Preventative – These are regular cleanings and preventative care procedures. Most dental insurance plans will cover these 100%.
- Basic – Extractions, cavity fillings, and scaling and root planning are all basic procedures. Most of these are covered under insurance plans, but for about 60-80%.
- Major – Bridges, crowns, oral surgery, and dentures are classified as major services. These require some out-of-pocket cost and are covered about 50% by insurance.