Dental implants are metal posts and frames that are surgically placed into the jawbone of a patient. Implants are bonded to the jawbone and provide a solid foundation for replacing missing teeth. After the implants are healed, your dentist will mount permanent replacement teeth on the fixtures to complete your smile.
What are dental implants’ benefits?
Implants are a popular choice for replacing missing teeth. There are many benefits to dental implants.
- Comfort: Implant posts fuse to the jawbone so they don’t move like removable dentures. You can speak and chew normally.
- Convenience: Dentures don’t need to be taken out or cleaned as often as dental implants. Just like before your loss, you can brush and floss your teeth as normal.
- Durability: Implant posts should last for a lifetime. Implants will last as long as your gums and teeth are healthy.
How do you get dental implants?
A consultation with your dentist is usually the first step in getting dental implants. Your dentist will examine your mouth, discuss your medical history, and then talk with you about your options.
Your dentist might also take xrays of your mouth. Your dentist will use these x-rays to determine if there are any other conditions. If your dentist suspects you may have bone loss, they might recommend a different procedure.
After you have agreed to proceed with the procedure, your dentist will prepare a treatment plan.
These are the steps involved in placing dental implants.
1. Placement of the implant post.
- The gum line is incised.
- Preparation of bone for the placement of the implant post
- The dental implant post is then inserted into the bone and the gums are closed.
- Before the restoration can be attached, the implant post must fuse with the jawbone for 2-6 months.
2. Attaching the restoration.
- After the implant post is bonded to the bone, the restoration can be attached. A crown, bridge or denture may be used as the restoration.
- The restoration can be customized to seamlessly blend with your existing teeth.
If you’re looking to improve your smile and boost your confidence, dental implants are a great way to do just that. Stellar dental care can help make this process incredibly smooth and painless – they have a wealth of experience helping people get dental implants quickly and with minimal downtime. Their team is knowledgeable and friendly, providing answers to any of your questions in order for you to make an informed decision about getting dental implants. With stellar dental care, you can trust that the utmost care is being shown during the implantation process so that your new smile lasts for years to come!