Call Us Today! 716-219-2553
Your Buffalo, New York Sleep Apnea Dentist
Sleep apnea affects millions of Americans of all age groups. This condition causes fragmented sleep resulting in low blood oxygen levels, and that combination can lead to hypertension, heart disease, and mood and memory problems.
Choose Stellar Dental Care for sleep apnea treatment options in Buffalo, New York so you can avoid current or future issues and get your sleep schedule back on track.
Help for Snoring, Sleep Apnea, and Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
Common signs and symptoms of sleep apnea include:
- Waking up gasping for air
- Daytime fatigue
- Falling asleep driving or watching TV
- Morning headaches
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
Common signs and symptoms of sleep apnea and snoring include acid reflux, teeth grinding at night, diabetes, mood swings, poor memory, depression, anxiety, dementia, difficulty concentrating, ADHD, and insomnia.
By utilizing a dental appliance for sleep apnea you can help to mitigate or remove these issues from your life and have a safer, more comfortable night’s sleep.
Causes of Sleep Apnea
- Snoring – This may occur when you sleep on your back, you are overweight, you have a large neck size, your tongue falls back into the throat, your tonsils and/or adenoids are large, you mouth breathe while you sleep, you are overly tired, you eat or drink too late at night, or you have a cold or are congested.
- Sleep apnea – This may occur when your airway becomes completely blocked and air is not able to move through your airway. You can hear someone with sleep apnea gasping for air and snoring during sleep to overcome an obstruction in their airway, a problem avoided with a sleep apnea mouthpiece or through other methods.
- UARS – This condition is also caused by a narrow upper airway. Unlike sleep apnea, which is more common in overweight men, UARS is more common in normal weight women. It can cause headaches, neck pain, chest tightness, problems swallowing, and TMJ pain.
Goals of Sleep Apnea Treatment Options
Sleep apnea appliances pull your jaw forward to keep your airway open so that you obtain sufficient oxygen to keep your body functioning in deep sleep. They are easy to use, easy to travel with, and are utilized for snoring and UARS, along with mild, moderate and, sometimes, severe sleep apnea.
If you or someone you love is having a hard time with sleep, please let us know. We can set up a consultation to determine if someone is a candidate for a specific dental appliance for sleep apnea. Work with our Buffalo sleep apnea dentists to get your sleep back on track.
Learn More About Buffalo Dental Appliances for Sleep Apnea
Need Info from Our Buffalo Sleep Apnea Dentists? Contact Us!
Be sure to reach out to our team for sleep apnea treatment options in Buffalo. We can discuss everything available and find the right possibilities for you!